*I would like to offer a festive toast to all*
* vegan-style *
so here’s a recipe for whisky cream liqueur
BAYLEES VEGAN SCOTTISH WHISKY CREAM LIQUEUR
makes about 700ml.
- 350ml. malt whisky ( I used Glenfiddich..)
- 250ml. soya cream
- 200ml. coconut cream
- 2tsps. instant coffee
- 1tbs. cocoa powder
- 3tbs. water
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 8-10tbs. sugar – (I used light unrefined muscovado sugar)
- optional: 40ml amaretto almond liqueur OR 2 tsps. almond extract
Exact quantities can be adjusted according to taste…
- Place coffee powder and cocoa powder in a small bowl and add 3tbs. water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Place coconut cream in a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Add sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Keep heat very low.
- Add coffee/cocoa mix to pan and stir to blend on a very low heat – for 5mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer all ingredients, including coconut cream mix to a blender and blend 1 min.
- Transfer to an airtight bottle and chill.
- Keep in the refrigerator and shake before use.
Serve on ice.
Oh, one more thing…. have you ever tried whisky cream liqueur in coffee? ….or cocoa …?
It’s very very nice.