The Chinese New Year of the Monkey has begun…. And I’m a Monkey. So I’m hoping it will be a good year, not just for me, but for everyone.
Blessings and Peace to all creatures on this planet.
This delicious stir-fry can be prepared and ready-to-eat in 3o minutes or so….
…..I thought I’d go easy on myself…so I bought a jar of yellow bean paste (one of the few which is vegan) from my local Asian shop, and pre-cooked medium soft chinese wheat noodles ( also vegan).
I have frozen cooked beans in the freezer …but tinned beans will do just fine.
Here’s how it goes (blink and it’s over) 🙂
CHINESE YELLOW BEAN + NOODLE STIR-FRY WITH BEANSPROUT AND CARROT SALAD
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 200gms. pre-cooked beans ( I used Borlotti)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 150gms. pre-cooked noodles
- 30gms. spring onions
- 4cm. chunk ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 120gms. vegan yellow bean paste
- 200ml. hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbs. agave syrup
- 1 tbs. rice wine
- 1 large carrot
- 200gms. beansprouts
- 3tbs. sesame oil
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbs. soy sauce/tamari
- 2cm. grated ginger
- 2 tsps. agave syrup
- Peel, wash and grate 1 large carrot.
- Wash beansprouts. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar. Shake well.
- Wash and slice spring onions.
- Grate ginger and crush garlic.
- Stand a wok over a high heat.
- Add 2tbs. sesame oil.
- When sizzling, add ginger and garlic. Stir constantly. Sauté: 10secs.
- Add sliced green pepper. Fry: 20secs.
- Add beans, fry: 30 secs.
- Add noodles: fry 1 min.
- Add spring onions, fry: 10 secs.
- Add yellow bean paste, 200ml. hot vegetable stock +1tbs. rice wine + 1 tbs. agave.
- Stir to combine. Fry 3 mins.
Scatter with sesame seeds.
Peace to all.