A lovely mellow little pot of goodness….
everyone loves chocolate …don’t they? …and blueberries….don’t they?
…and it’s a match made in heaven…isn’t it?
BLUEBERRY CHOCOLATE POT
- 225gms. fresh blueberries (frozen would be OK too)
- 400ml. tin of coconut milk (refrigerate overnight)
- 100gms. best quality dark vegan chocolate
- 50gms. sugar (I used golden caster)
- 12gms. arrowroot powder
- 70ml. non-dairy milk
- 2tbs. sugar
- juice 1/2 lemon
- *In advance: chill tin of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- Wash blueberries and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Break chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl that can sit over a saucepan in order to melt the chocolate. ( Save a square to grate as a garnish)
- Open tin of coconut milk and put the thickest, creamiest 200ml. in a deep sided bowl and return to the refrigerator.
- Put the remaining 200ml. coconut milk in a medium saucepan.
- In a bowl, mix arrowroot powder with 70ml. non dairy milk – making sure there are no lumps.
- Place chocolate over a saucepan of gently boiling water and allow chocolate to melt.
- Make sure base of bowl is not touching the water in the saucepan. (see photos)
- Remove chilled 200ml. coconut milk from refrigerator and whip with a whisk (electric or hand) until light and soft.
Returning to the coconut milk in the saucepan:
- Heat the coconut milk gently and then add arrowroot/milk liquid to pan.
- Stir constantly.
- It will thicken quickly….don’t panic!
- Cook gently for 2-3 mins. Stir constantly.
- Add melted chocolate to coconut milk/arrowroot mix and stir in.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk chocolate/arrowroot mix until smooth.
Wasting no time:
- Fold chocolate mix into whipped coconut cream.
- Create a marbled effect.
- Fold in 150gms. blueberries.
- Spoon mix into four individual glasses and chill in refrigerator.
- Take remaining 75gms. blueberries and place in a small saucepan with 2 tbs. sugar and juice 1/2 lemon.
- Allow to boil for 5 mins. to form a quick jam.
When the jam is cool, spoon a little on top of the chocolate pots and garnish with a little grated chocolate.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.