Quick to do.
Need I say more ?
spinach hummus and olive + silken tofu
- Take a variety of vegetables such as carrot, cucumber, celery, radish, baby corn etc. etc.
- Wash…peel if necessary and cut/slice into dipping sticks .
- Tip: once cut, keep veg.in cold water until 20 mins. before serving as they will be nice and crunchy.
- Open a packet of breadsticks.
Spinach and Chickpea Hummus
- 225gms. cooked chickpeas
- 70gms. baby leaf spinach
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tbs.tahini (sesame spread)
- 1 tbs.olive oil
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 tsp/ ground black pepper
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 5gms. fresh coriander ( optional)
- If using tinned chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- Wash and roughly chop baby spinach.
- Peel and roughly chop garlic.
- Roughly chop coriander if using.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth.
- Taste. Adjust seasonings and flavourings as preferred.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or basil….
Silken Tofu and Black Olive Creamy Dip
- 200gms. silken tofu
- 80gms. black pitted olives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs.lemon juice
- big pinch of chilli powder
- fresh basil leaf garnish
- Rinse black olives.
- In a food processor, blitz pitted black olives on pulse until you have very small pieces…(but not smooth.)
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Place Silken Tofu in blender, with salt, lemon juice + chilli powder.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavours as desired.
- Stir tofu cream and blitzed olives together in a bowl, creating swirls.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Garnish with chilli powder and torn basil leaves.