Seeds, nuts and beans, are, by their very nature, indigestible.
It is their raison d’être to remain that way.
Unlocking the goodness isn’t difficult … it comes down to soaking and cooking gently, soaking and sprouting, or else, grinding and soaking.
Here’s a lovely simple seed cream.
Chia, Nigella, Sunflower and Pumpkin seeds, ground to fine powder and soaked overnight in non-dairy milk and yogurt.
Served with fresh fruit.
Choose your seeds….choose your fruit.
Add whatever you feel like.
Using a sharp yogurt, this cream could easily be adapted to dress a salad or accompany vegetables in a stuffed pancake….
…and it’s stacked with goodness…. just full of it…. mmmm…
What to do:
Choose your seeds:
- 4 tbs. chia seeds
- 2 tbs. Nigella seeds (aka black onion seeds)
- 3 tbs. sunflower seeds
- 4 tbs. pumpkin seeds
- 400ml. non-dairy milk
- 4 tbs. yogurt ( I used coconut yogurt)
- Grind the seeds together to form a fine powder.
- Blend with milk and yogurt. Leave in a bowl overnight, in a cool place. No need to refrigerate until the morning.
- Use within 12 hours for best freshness.
Try with sprinkled with spices such as cinnamon, fresh herbs such as basil… add fruit such as melon, strawberries….mango…papaya…