My blueberry bushes are giving forth right now, so I thought I’d try some in a salad.
Everything else I used was green 🙂 because I liked the colour contrasts 🙂
Blueberries have a soft and mellow flavour, so I also went looking for other ingredients that would complement rather than overpower them….
Hope you like !
I’ll leave the exact quantities up to you… just major on the blueberries 🙂
- Small, ripe but crunchy pear/s
- Sugar Snap peas
- Kiwi Fruit
- Endive Leaves – or other salad leaves
- Pumpkin seeds
- Wash blueberries.
- Wash, core and cube the pear.
- De-string sugar snap peas. Wash and chop.
- Peel and slice kiwi fruit.
- Wash and dice cucumber.
- Wash the salad leaves and slice into ribbons.
- Lightly toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet for 2-3 mins.
- Mix everything green together, and then scatter the blueberries and the pumpkin seeds.
Use a dressing of your choice…. I stayed with the green theme and made a lime juice / olive oil dressing seasoned lightly with salt and pepper…. 🙂