I’ve been nominated by the wonderful https://mylightheartedkitchen.com for a sunshine award. I feel very privileged because mylightheartedkitchen is a beautiful and inspiring blog which I always enjoy every time a post pops into my reader. Take a look! Also, mylightheartedkitchen has supported me from the beginning and I have really really appreciated that!
Daisy chain blogging connections are a lovely thing, because sometimes it feels hard to keep a blog alive and other bloggers know this. So thank you to https://mylightheartedkitchen.com 🙂 x
Here are the sunshine rules:
Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
And here is a logo (from sum-chan.me) 🙂 (PS there are many images …just google sunshine blogger award … or design your own?)
These are my attempts at answering the eleven questions I received. …..
1. What do you usually eat for breakfast? I have to say…whatever I fancy! I’ve learnt over the years that eating what you fancy is a really good thing because listening to your body (and mind) is really important. So often I have a smoothie ….but then I’m addicted to toast and marmalade ….. yogurt and fruit on a hot summer’s day or porridge on a chilly winter morning. It depends on so much…where I am, what the season is …the weather … and me… I would very much like to have Idli (Southern Indian breakfast pancakes) for breakfast some time. I need to find a good recipe.
2. What is one thing you can’t live without? This is a very hard question. Nature. The great outdoors. Walks on the hills. ….but then there’s my iPad….
3. What is your favourite herb or spice? ooh…err… well, it’s either chilli or turmeric…or cinnamon …… cumin… no…coriander…or basil…or thyme…or oregano…. ummm… one of them anyway 🙂 I think cinnamon might just come out top…because it works both ways: sweet and savoury! But ginger. How could I forget ginger… ? …hmmm…
4. What is one thing your are proud about? My optimism. 🙂
5. What is one thing you feel lucky about? Having met my Zen teacher.
6. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? My Zen teacher, who died in 2013. Because I miss him.
I would also like to meet Roger Federer. Such a very lovely guy and I love tennis.
7. What would a perfect day be like for you? Zazen early in the morning. A nice breakfast. Several hours writing/blogging etc. A couple of hours at the allotment growing my veg. Cooking up a storm for supper.
Or else a stroller pass at a jazz festival… 🙂
8. What is your best childhood memory? My dad playing the piano. And me playing duets (badly) with him 🙂
9. If you would visit any city in the world, which one would it be? Why? I love Paris. I’ve spent too much time in Paris not to love it. As for a city I’ve never been to, I would love to visit somewhere in the Himalayas, such as Thimphu or Kathmandu. Because it’s a part of the world that inspires my imagination in a dreamy way….
10. What is your favourite daily routine? I love a long hot shower.
11. Who is your role model? Why? The Dalai Lama. Because the world needs to be a kinder and more compassionate place and he truly lives that.
These are eleven of the blogs I enjoy:
(….in no particular order at all….and some of the blogs I might have chosen have already spread a little sunshine 🙂 )
https://longplayerkitchen.com fabulous recipes to music!
https://buckwheathealth.wordpress.com a million ways with buckwheat…oh yes! 🙂
https://veganrescue.com gorgeous recipes
https://thegreeninja.wordpress.com love this blog …quite an emphasis on street food
https://ellesite.wordpress.com a lovely travel and local foodie delights blog (japanese sweets to die for 🙂 )
https://rootandleaf.wordpress.com a new blog that is already mouth-wateringly good!
https://thehealthyogi.wordpress.com here is a lovely new blog I’ve just found, with some glorious beautiful breakfast bowls, + info. about nutrients… and vitamins…
https://convenientlyvegan.com a great blog…full of variety and info. on all sorts of aspects of being vegan …
https://veganlosophyrecipes.wordpress.com some lovely recipes ..simple and healthy!
https://aboutthatfood.com I only just came across this blog…creative recipes…really beautifully photographed…!
https://thecompassionateoven.com how could I have missed this lovely lovely blog until now?
Here are my eleven questions I’m passing on in the daisy chain:
- If you could do anything you wanted tomorrow…what would it be?
- Name a piece of music you couldn’t do without.
- If you could be an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why? 🙂
- What’s your favourite vegetable?
- What’s your favourite time of day…and why?
- You can invite three people to a dinner party…anyone at all. Who would you invite and why….?
- What, according to your friends, is the most annoying thing you do? 🙂
- What’s your favourite snack?
- What country most appeals to you as a place to visit…and why?
- What musical instrument do you play …or would like to learn…and why?
- Oh and btw. Why do you write a blog?
So. There we are. I have to say it’s taken me about 3 days and counting to put this post together, so I will understand if some bloggers don’t take it up 🙂 …but it’s nice to acknowledge each other… and have a chance to say thanks to ALL you wonderful bloggers from time to time …those I haven’t mentioned today, and those I haven’t come across yet!